For your first appointment, please arrive about 10-15 minutes prior to your appointment, so you can fill in the necessary paperwork and get comfortable. While we always endeavour to run on time, sometimes emergencies can push appointments back a little. We appreciate your patience.
Dr Cheung's clinic is a private practice where payment is required at the time of consulation. You can pay via CASH, EFTPOS OR MAJOR CREDIT CARDS.
A portion of the Consultation Fees will b covered by Medicare. For Surgical Fees, a potion of the fees will be covered by your private health insurance and it is advisable that you talk to your health fund prior to your surgery.
A slightly different fee structure is applied to the care of Obstetric Patients.
PLEASE CONTACT OUR FRIENDLY STAFF FOR MORE DETAILED FEE STRUCTURE
There will be times when you may need to cancel or change your appointment. If this is the case, please phone our friendly staff at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. This will enable us to either reschedule your appointment, or offer your appointment time to another patient on the waiting list.
PREPARING FOR SURGERY
Once you have booked your surgical procedure with our friendly staff, there are a few things you will need to do
One week before surgery:
DO NOT TAKE aspirin or any anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen, Nurofen, or Voltaren, etc. as this will help minimise bleeding.
6 Hours before surgery:
DO NOT EAT or DRINK ANYTHING (including water, lollies and chewing gum)
For a morning operation:- Fast from 12 midnight
For an afternoon operation:- Fast from 7am
Smokers should try to cut down or stop smoking to reduce risk during surgery and improve your recovery.
If you feel unwell:
If you are feeling unwell, please see your GP who can advise you whether you are well enough to have surgery.
If you need to reschedule / cancel:
If your surgery needs to be rescheduled or cancelled due to medical advice or unforeseen personal circumstances, please notify our friendly staff as soon as possible.
AFTER THE PROCEDURE
- You will need someone to pick you up as you won’t be able to drive for at least 24 hours
- It is important that you stay in the company of a responsible adult for the next 24 hours
- Take pain medication as directed
- Follow the discharge instructions provided to you by the hospital
- Attend your post operation follow-up appointment with Dr Cheung
Please do not hesitate to contact Dr Cheung if you have any concerns before or after the surgery.
What to bring
Here are a few things you’ll need to remember:
- Referral letter from GP or other doctor
- Medicare card, Pension Card, DVA card
- Private Health Insurance information
- Copies of results, x-rays, MRIs, CT scans or any other relevant information
- List of medications you are currently taking
- List of drug allergies and symptoms you experience from taking them
- Any previous surgical operation reports
Also, it may be a good idea to dress in comfortable, loose fitting clothing, that is easy to remove if necessary.